by Nancy Friedman
Some people are an instant success at getting folks to like them and remember them. Some people do not care, and some people do not try.
Some people want to learn how to get folks to remember them.
Here are five ways that will help in any instance.
1. When you call someone on the phone, do not ask them “how they are” right off the bat. Ask them “if they have a moment to talk.” Very few other people do this. If you want to be remembered, be the one that asks, “Do you have a moment to talk?”
2. After a phone conversation with a good, or better yet, a new friend, send a short email acknowledging the call and your enjoyment of it. An operative word being: Short. You will stand out.
3. When you receive an order from a customer in person, by fax, phone or pony express, a handwritten note is suggested. You will stand out. They will remember you. And in a positive way.
4. Make them laugh. Not by tickling them. LOL! But I have never met anyone who did not enjoy laughter. We do not need to tell a joke to make somebody feel good or laugh.
5. A sincere compliment. This works 100% of the time. Nothing gushy. Nothing over the top. A genuine compliment is always welcome and seldom forgotten.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I appreciate you all.
Nancy Friedman, Founder/Chairman, Telephone Doctor Customer Service Training, bringing you Zoom programs, and our www.serviceskils.com, a popular boutique, unique online eLearning platform. Nancy is a featured speaker on customer service, communications, and sales. www.nancyfriedman.com or call 314-276-1012.
Submitted 1 years 85 days ago